Friday, July 8, 2022

Jerusalem

I got the new SLEEP Dopesmoker box set last week and it really is over the top. I have a previous version on Southern Lord and it's fantastic too but this ThirdMan version is on another level. My ears are pretty shot, I'm old, and have stood next to too many bands over the years. In spite of that I can hear differences in this pressing. The box set is 4 12" records with printed sleeves on both sides, a 7" radio edit, 2 posters, patch, a description card of what's included and of course the box to house them in, all pressed on marbled green vinyl. Everything Third Man Records that I have picked up has been the finest made, the attention to detail, the quality of the vinyl, the printing, all the extras. Jack White and his team are second to none and are the standard in which to follow.

No comments: